I went to N.Y. soon after 9-11 with a group of
spiritual seekers and it changed all our lives.
Now, ten years later, I ask myself, "What have I learned?"
If we do not learn from our past we recreate the past until we do. Let's learn the lesson of 9-11.
Join me, Kathleen Verigin, Harris Zafar and the Coexist music team for an awakening in the out of doors.
Bring a lawn chair if you like and a blanket. This will be an interactive experience. Bring your voice to sing, be ready to connect to Mother Earth, and be ready to move.
Harris will be leading us in the traditional Muslim prayer
called Salat. It truly is yoga-like in its movements. And I believe we, together, will create a world record; the largest interfaith, multi-cultural gathering ever to join in this Holy Prayer ritual from the Islam faith.
Music starts at 10:30; the event begins at 11:00.
Stay for the Picnic afterwards!!
Here are directions:
There are many ways to get there but we will give you the general one. Feel free to Google it as there is a good map.
- From I-5 take the Kruse Way exit heading East.
- Go to the end of Kruse Way to Boones Ferry Road. and turn left.
- Stay in the right lane and turn right at Country Club Road, heading into Lake Oswego.
- Go all the way thru town on Country Club Rd. which turns into A Avenue.
- Turn right at the signal, at the end of A Avenue, onto State Street, which is also Hwy. 43, and go to the 3rd signal which is Wilbur and turn left. There will be a Goodwill donation center on the corner. Go 1 block to Durham, turn right, go 1 block to Ladd, turn left, go 1 block to Furnace, turn right and we will be on the right side of the park near the picnic shelter and the Gazebo stage area. We will have signs and people to help direct parking.
See you at George Rogers Park,